January 19, 2012

52 Pairs of Earrings Week #3

It's week number three for the 52 Pairs of Earrings A Year Flickr group. Here are my earrings for the week. I really like these new leaves that I made. I think I'll even make more! I also like that these earrings make a little noise when I move my head. I like noisy earrings for some reason???

What I learned this week:
  • 1. I'm happy that I joined this group. It has (so far) kept me motivated to make new things out of polymer clay.
  • 2. I learned that I agonize over every step in putting the earrings together! (Oh to be Lorelei Eurto, and to be able to make so many beautiful  pieces of jewelry in one session AFTER WORKING all day!)
  • 3. I am putting some of the ideas that swirl around in my head into something that I actually make!
  • 4. I can't take pictures worth BEANS. It took a boat load of taking photos in different areas of my house to finally get one that I wanted to use. I still had to doctor it up in Photoshop!
If you feel like making lots of earrings this year, join this group. Or you can just look at what other are making. 

P.S.  My ears really bother me when I wear brass ear wires. I really like the look of the brass wires or wires that have had a patina added. Does anyone have any suggestions about types of wire to use? Am I the only one with this problem? I know I could use sterling silver, but I'm not crazy about the look of silver.



14 comments:

  1. These are so pretty...love those leaves! I took the challenge too! I haven't even started mine yet...time to get to work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the contrast of colors in the leaves. I recently joined this group and just posted my first pair. Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely earrings I really like the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the earrings! The leaves are stunning that you made. I am glad to see you blogging again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Realy nice wife loves them. Love the soft colors

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how awesome ...they look very very pretty.I like the soft look of the earrings and the colors chosen for the same.very pretty pair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these earrings the colors are gorgeous. You must have found the perfect spot for the photo because it really shows them off great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really like the look of your earrings. Glad to see you are creating.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sweet are these! They are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sometime with cheaper ear wires (brass) there are shards on the end of the wire because the manufacturers stretch the cutting capabilities of their equipment. It may be the shards that bother your ears rather than the brass itself. I put 20 pairs of base metal wires under a microscope a few years back and all but 4 had really nasty shards. Those shards can cut your ears and it takes about 7-8 weeks to heal, meanwhile you are stuck with red, swollen passages. If you aren't reacting to the metal itself, you can get rid of the shards by simply rubbing the ear wire ends in a circular motion on a fine emory board.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Doreen, you might try coating the ear wires with a clear coat---clear fingernail polish or a clear fixative. That might prevent the sensitivity/reaction.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Piezas muy bonitas,felicidades.

    www.micorazondetrapo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like the double layering in the earrings and specially if one of the parts are dangling in air...like the leafy shape.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful earrings love the design. The colors are fantastic...
    Please take a look at my Hand Beaded Jewelry

    ReplyDelete