January 13, 2012

New Earrings! Woot!

I guess it's been a long time since I've posted here! Life always seems to get in the way of bead making for some reason! Usually I don't make New Year's resolutions, but this year I have a few. There are a few things I really am planning to do ( I hope to, anyway). I want to make some jewelry from some of the copious tutorials I have purchased online or that I have in my hundreds of magazines and books. I plan to (try) and use the supplies that I have on hand, instead of making more and more, and MORE supply purchases. Also I joined a Flickr group that was started by Anke Humpert. It's called 52 Pairs of Earrings a Year. Here is the group's challenge:

"In 2012 I will challenge myself: I will make more art - regularly!
To stick to it, I will make a pair of earrings each week (mostly polymer clay, but not exclusively!).
So 2012 is going to be a year of 52 pairs of earrings for me....! Earrings are relatively small and who does not like to have more earrings, right?
Like to join the challenge??
Just come in and show what you have made each week!"

So these are my plans! I'm already late with the 52 pairs of earrings. It's week two, but I got one pair made! Hooray!  I think they look like pizza slices in this picture! The pizza and the flower are polymer clay. BTW, it's not too late to join the group! If you want to stay motivated to make "something" each week, come join the fun!

5 comments:

  1. HA! Join the club! I am always buying "just one more tutorial", or "one more set of stamps" or..on and on and on..............we are addicts. Pure and simple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too! Luckily it's a creative addiction, could be worse! OK I'm in on the earrings. I like your 'pizza slices' ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I joined the group!! I'm slightly ahead of schedule at the moment with 3 pair made this year. Love your beads!! I see some I'd like to have if you sell them online somewhere I've not found yet??? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! So good to see you not on the bottom of my blog roll. Thats a commitment one pair a week, earrings are not my strong point, but I like a challenge. I will be gone 3 weeks in feb. to visit family. Kristi is ahead so maybe I can get my butt in gear before I go. Love your new earring slices!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new earrings Doreen! And I'm so glad to see you back in blogland!! I'm getting in on the earrings challenge too... sometimes I need a good excuse to make more jewelry with all the beads I'm cranking out... and maybe finally make time for the new ideas I have too!! :D

    ReplyDelete